Wednesday, December 20, 2017

NM Town Hall meeting

I attended part of the NM Town Hall meeting 13 December 2017. My comments are my personnel opinion and that alone they do not represent anybody but my self. New Mexico First does an excellent job and the process is really well done. The participation is skewed by those who have time and money to attend. A large percentage of the participants were like me a government employee. Also a majority of the participants were people who wanted water over those who had water. Agriculture was under represented, and production agriculture were extremely under represented. Those of us who did represent Agriculture, work for Agriculture producers. I wish more real Agriculture Producers were there. Urban interest had a greater representation than rural. Northern New Mexico had a much higher representation than Southern and Rio Grand Valley was much higher then Eastern or Western plains. If they do another one I hope it is held on the East Side like Roswell. The process was good, the facilitators were excellent, but participation is voluntary.

No comments:

Post a Comment